Major Setback

 


1/7: So major setback, after talking to someone, they explained that the point of the project was to showcase the theme of the movie or genre by using music, text, etc, and having those elements was the priority of the project. Since I didn't have any record labels respond I had to start looking at non-copyrighted music. I did find a website, however, with the footage I have, it's not going to work having the music they offer underscoring the dialogue. I already know I have to do reshoots, but I also can't find any music that fit right with my theme. After spending about an hour listening to the different music that was offered I am faced with the difficult choice of either coming up with an entirely new opening, or completely starting over (which I am not that opposed to.) I found music that gave me a really good idea for another plot that could defiantly be stronger than my other plot. I think the issue is that I am very indecisive as well as a perfectionist and often find myself coming up with the best ideas too late. I think that coming up with an idea this early and having to stick with it this long has very much been less productive for me as it has lead me to nit pick every detail about my project. The only issue is I am cutting it close to the wire now and there is a small amount of time left. I am having a hard time and really need to stop and think about what I want to do moving forward.  








Comments